Moreno Pinkas was born in Bulgaria. The cousin of Pinkas's mother was the painter Jules Pascin, who changed his name to make him sound more European. In 1949 he immigrated to Israel with his parents. At first the family settled in Lod.
Moreno Pinkas, Carmel Market, oil on canvas, 55x33 cm Moreno Pinkas, Carmel Market, oil on canvas, 55 x 33 cm
Source: Oren Schatz Collection
Between 1958 and 1960, Pinkas studied at the Avni Art Institute in Tel Aviv, and in 1959, together with nine painters and sculptors, he opened a joint gallery in the "Akad" lounge based on an abstract painting, and in 1960 he received a scholarship from the America- Israel, and traveled with his wife to Paris, where he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts (Beaux Arts).
After graduating he decided to stay in France, where he spends most of his time, especially after signing an exclusive contract with the Katia Garnoff Gallery in Paris in 1962. At the same time, Moreno has been meticulous in the years since he left the country to exhibit in Israel in parallel to his exhibitions abroad.
Signed and numbered silk print
Length: 65 cm
Width: 49.50 cm